Wednesday, December 7, 2011

More Marlins Talk, Plus Some Other Stuff

So Mark Buehrle signs a 4 year $58 million deal with the Marlins. I think he is deserving of every penny as he has been a consistent ace. This definitely adds a sense of security to a rotation that can be very erratic with its play, the Josh Johnson injuries don’t help. I personally like this move better than signing CJ Wilson, who I think is very good, but I think Buehrle is a better fit, and he comes with less risk in my opinion. It now seems the offer the Marlins have reportedly offered Wilson will be off the table and they will focus on Pujols, and if that doesn’t work Fielder. More news out of Miami, Hanley Ramirez apparently wants a raise, even after a down season in ’11, so the Marlins may be looking to trade him. This would hurt the team as Ramirez is a phenomenal player to say the least, but could definitely bring in a lot in return through a trade, as well as give them even MORE money to spend possibly. That’s all I got on Miami right now so let’s move on for the moment. Houston Street was rumored to be traded to the Padres earlier today for a prospect, with the Rockies eating $8 million on his contract. That is apparently false, although the deal may still happen at some point. The padres were also looking into signing K-Rod which seems like it won’t happen at this point. The Padres are aggressively trying to fill the closer roll Heath Bell left open when moving to Miami, but it isn’t quite certain who will fill the void yet. I also hear that the Yankees have won the right to negotiate with shortstop Hiroyuki Nakajima and this time it appears to be true (I think). As for free agent CJ Wilson, it looks like he may be going to the Angels, nothing done yet, but that’s where I’d be putting my money if I was a betting man. Nate McLouth and Erik Bedard appear to have been signed by the Pirates. The Pirates had a little more success that usual last year; let’s see if these additions can help things get even a little better for these notorious bottom dwellers. Finally it appears David Ortiz will accept arbitration with the Red Sox and not sign a multi-year deal. That’s all I got for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment