Monday, November 21, 2011

$$Money$$Ball$$

I just wanted to do a quick post on my view of the Moneyball, movie and book. First of all I like the book better, for a baseball nut like me there’s more detail, I love that! Also, as good as the movie was, I feel there were some things that you probably don’t see in the right light. First of all I don’t think Art Howe is the bad guy they made him out to be in the movie, but then again it makes the movie a lot funnier when Billy Beane trades Giambi and Pena, forcing Howe to play Hatteberg. Also on a side note, Jonah Hill and Brad Pitt were great in this movie. Back to what you miss out on, the whole Jeremy Brown scene at the end is kind of out of the blue without mentioning him for the whole movie. He had a lot of mention in the book, and the chapters on the draft, which weren’t in the movie, were actually my favorite ones. I think the book is just more complete, and the movie is adapted for entertainment purposes, which I understand. I’m just saying, if you haven’t read the book, go take a peek, it’s my favorite book and really just a great read. Great concept, exciting as far as a baseball book goes, and is very well written. I did enjoy the movie as well, so seeing that should also be on your to do list. To anyone who has read the book and seen the movie, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment